Subject: [stir] feedback on LS1354

From: 晨张 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:37:02 +0800

Dear All:

How do you do!

I am Chen Zhang, as one editor of X.ticvs.

Informed by my colleague Deng, I noticed the email list which got LS/i/o of
X.ticvs discussed.

Here are some explainations for your consideration:

1. X.ticvs focused on some concrete technologies to counter the voice spam
in traditional telecommunication network, that is circuit-switched, which
is so different from the internet. And as IETF is good at Internet, we
didn't refer any work of IETF. Sorry for that.

2. Many of these tecnologies recommended in X.ticvs won't fit to interent,
and only fit to the circuit-switched network. The circuit-switched network
is an old type and many advanced technologies won't fit to it but active to
Internet. These technologyies may follow the similar methodology in RFC
5039 and etc but many of them are just only for the circuit-switched
network. Different infratstructure generates different countering
technologies.

3. It is believed that there is no copy of the specifications or the
recommendations of other SDOs.

4. The management of telecommunication networks follows the system of TMF,
whose methodology is different of that of internet. Singnaling data (here
instead of transactional data) is not collected specially for countering
voice spam. In fact, technologies of countering voice spam just reuse the
data aggreated by signaling management system. Because of the limitation of
the architecture of the traditional networks, signaling management system
is necessary for most telecommunication operators to keep high-level
service qualities and diagnose service failures.

5. Today traditional telecommunication networks still carry huge voice
services, among which voice spam does exist world-wide. It is hopeful that
we can do some goodness at countering voice spam in circuit-switched area
by X.ticvs. X.ticvs was contributed by China, Korea, Japan, Canada and
America with contributions and living discussions in recent years.

Thank you for your consideration!

Best Regards!

Chen Zhang

China Mobile Group Design Institute

+86 0 13810642906

[email-masked]