Subject: [stir] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-stir-passport-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 14:51:34 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-stir-passport-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Editorial feedback from Bert Wijnen, our OPS-DIR reviewer:
While I was at it, I found someNits and/or typos:

The abstract states:

                            The PASSporT token is cryptographically
   signed to protect the integrity of the identity the originator and to
   verify the assertion of the identity information at the destination.

s/the identity the originator/the identity of the originator/
Or so I think.

section 5.1.1 states:

                   As defined the "iat" should be set to the date and
   time of issuance of the JWT and MUST the origination of the personal
   communications.  The time value should be of the format defined in
   [RFC7519] Section 2 NumericDate.

Is that a correct sentence? or is the a verb missing around
   "the JWT and MUST the origination" ???

Section 5.2.2

5.2.2. "mky" - Media Key claim Why such a cryptic "mky". Why not "mkey"
?? I can live with it. I just wonder why we make it more cryptic than
needed. Section 10.2 2nd bullet        In many applications, the end user
represented by the asserted
      identity represents and signer may not be one in the same
I do/did not know the term "one in the same". I do know "one and the
same". I guess other people may have the same knowledge as I do (as non
native English speaker) Bert