Subject: [stir] Minutes for STIR @ IETF100

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 12:59:09 -0600

With apologies to the original notetaker, whose notes were lost somehow, 
I created minutes by listening to the meetecho recording.

Please provide any necessary additions or corrections to the list or the 
chairs ASAP.

-------

Minutes - STIR - IETF 100 - Tue Nov 14 2017

Summary

- The agenda was bashed to remove discussion of 
draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd,
   and to provide an update on the documents that are already in IESG 
processing.

- draft-ietf-stir-rph is in WGLC and the editor is addressing comments.

- The proposed changes to draft-ietf-stir-certificates were discussed, minor
   tweaks were suggested, but no issues or objections were raised. The 
changes
   will go through a new last-call.

- The room expressed strong support for adopting
   draft-wendt-stir-passport-shaken. The editor believes it is ready for 
WGLC.

- The core elements of the current architecture of draft-ietf-stir-oob were
   discussed. There were no concerns expressed with the direction the 
draft is
   heading. The editors will move forward with defining concrete protocols.

- Open issues in draft-ietf-passport-divert were discussed. The core of the
   discussion was the tradeoff of nesting vs re-encrypting when retargeting
   happens. The room landed on pursuing nesting. Optionally including 
the index
   from History-Info was discussed.

See the session recording at 
<https://play.conf.meetecho.com/Playout/?session=IETF100-STIR-20171114-1330> 
for more detail.