Subject: [stir] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-stir-rph-05

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 16:22:25 -0700

Reviewer: Tim Chown
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

PASSporT (RFC8225) defines a method for creating and validating a token that
cryptographically verifies an originating identity or, more generally, a URI or
telephone number representing the originator of personal communications.  This
document extends PASSporT to also support cryptographic signing of the 'SIP
Resource Priority' header field indicating resource prioritisation for the
communication, to mitigate abuse of that field.

The document is quite well written, but includes some repetition of material,
in particular in the introduction, and a few minor grammatical issues.

The document is Ready for publication, with minor nits.

Nits:
* Tidy up or simplify the introduction text, which is unnecessarily verbose.
* Check the text for grammatical issues, especially use of the indefinite
article.

---

From: "Das, Subir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 14:10:55 +0000

Hello Tim,
Thanks for your review. We will address the minor nits in next version.

-Subir 

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-stir-rph-05

Reviewer: Tim Chown
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

PASSporT (RFC8225) defines a method for creating and validating a token that cryptographically verifies an originating identity or, more generally, a URI or telephone number representing the originator of personal communications.  This document extends PASSporT to also support cryptographic signing of the 'SIP Resource Priority' header field indicating resource prioritisation for the communication, to mitigate abuse of that field.

The document is quite well written, but includes some repetition of material, in particular in the introduction, and a few minor grammatical issues.

Nits:
* Tidy up or simplify the introduction text, which is unnecessarily verbose.
* Check the text for grammatical issues, especially use of the indefinite article.