Subject: [stir] Protocol Action: 'PASSporT Extension for Resource Priority Authorization' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-stir-rph-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 15:43:12 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PASSporT Extension for Resource Priority Authorization'
  (draft-ietf-stir-rph-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-rph/

Technical Summary

  This document extends the STIR PASSporT specification to allow the
  inclusion of cryptographically-signed assertions of authorization
  for values that might appear in the SIP 'Resource-Priority' header
  field, which is used for communications resource prioritization.

Working Group Summary

  The STIR WG reached consensus, and there is strong support for
  publication of this document.

Document Quality

  Several people have expressed interest in implementing this
  specification.

Personnel

  Russ Housley is the Document Shepherd.
  Adam Roach is the Responsible Area Director.