Subject: [storm] RFC 6172 on Deprecation of the Internet Fibre Channel Protocol (iFCP) Address Translation Mode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:24:36 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6172

        Title:      Deprecation of the Internet Fibre 
                    Channel Protocol (iFCP) Address Translation Mode 
        Author:     D. Black, D. Peterson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11625
        Updates:    RFC4172

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-storm-ifcp-ipn133-updates-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6172.txt

Changes to Fibre Channel have caused the specification of the Internet
Fibre Channel Protocol (iFCP) address translation mode to become 
incorrect.  Due to the absence of usage of iFCP address translation 
mode, it is deprecated by this document.  iFCP address transparent 
mode remains correctly specified.

iFCP address transparent mode has been implemented and is in current
use; therefore, it is not affected by this document.

This document also records the state of Protocol Number 133, which
was allocated for a pre-standard version of the Fibre Channel Internet
Protocol (FCIP).  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the STORage Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC