Subject: [storm] Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-storm-iscsimib-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 13:01:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Internet Small Computer System
   Interface (iSCSI)'
  (draft-ietf-storm-iscsimib-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the STORage Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Martin Stiemerling and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-iscsimib/

Technical Summary

  This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base
   (MIB) for use with network management protocols. In particular, it
   defines objects for managing a client using the Internet Small
   Computer System Interface (iSCSI) protocol (SCSI over TCP).

   This document makes minor updates to the iSCSI MIB originally
   defined in RFC 4544 to match the current SCSI specifications.

Working Group Summary

  The document has had sufficient review from key WG members.  This is a
  minor update of the iSCSI MIB and benefits from WG review of the
  iSCSI drafts to which it corresponds.

Document Quality

   There are multiple implementations of the iSCSI MIB (RFC 4544)
   that is updated by this document.
   The MIB has been reviewed by the MIB Doctors.

Personnel

David L. Black ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
Martin Stiemerling ([email-masked]) is the responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

In Section 9. "IANA Considerations" please replace the following:
OLD

   RFC Editor's Note (to be removed prior to publication):  this draft
   makes no additional requests of the IANA. IANA is required to update
   the reference for the mib-2 142 to this document.

NEW (new text is *NOT* an RFC Editor's note)

   IANA is requested to update the reference for the mib-2 142 identifier
   to this document.