Subject: [storm] Vancouver minutes posted

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 20:36:08 -0500

The Vancouver storm WG session was a productive RDMA/IP Mini-BOF - I'd
like to thank the presenters and participants.

The minutes are now posted at:
	http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/88/minutes/minutes-88-storm

Please send any corrections to me (and the list if you think they're
important).

Here are the three conclusions from the Mini-BOF:

(1) There are opportunities for IBTA/IETF collaboration on topics related
to Routable RoCE as the IBTA continues their activity to specify it.  The
storm WG chairs (David Black, Tom Talpey) will continue to explore
collaboration possibilities with Diego Crupnicoff (IBTA) and report
back as appropriate.

(2) There was a lot of interest in the room in congestion control.  IETF
congestion control work is best done in other WGs in a general fashion,
as opposed to designing a congestion control mechanism specific to RDMA.
OTOH, RDMA is a fine source of requirements for congestion control.
People interested in congestion control should follow up directly with
other IETF WGs that are doing congestion control work, e.g., aqm, rmcat.

(3) It makes sense to continue to enhance iWARP to obtain functional
parity with InfiniBand - this provides RDMA transport choice at upper
layers (commonality at RDMA verbs interface and above).  An Internet-Draft
that specifies the remaining necessary enhancements to iWARP is expected
soon, and will be directed to the storm WG.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------