Subject: [Stox] Last Call: <draft-ietf-stox-im-12.txt> (Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Instant Messaging) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 06:57:51 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIP-TO-XMPP WG (stox) to
consider the following document:
- 'Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the
   Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Instant
   Messaging'
  <draft-ietf-stox-im-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a bidirectional protocol mapping for the
   exchange of single instant messages between the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
   (XMPP).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-im/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-im/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.