Subject: [Stox] Last Call: <draft-ietf-stox-groupchat-10.txt> (Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Groupchat) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 06:47:02 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIP-TO-XMPP WG (stox) to
consider the following document:
- 'Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the
   Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Groupchat'
  <draft-ietf-stox-groupchat-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a bidirectional protocol mapping for the
   exchange of instant messages in the context of a multiparty chat
   session among users of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and
   users of the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).
   Specifically, this document defines a mapping between the SIP-based
   Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) and the XMPP Multi-User Chat
   (MUC) extension.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-groupchat/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-groupchat/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.