Subject: [straw] I-D Action: draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-taxonomy-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:47:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Sip Traversal Required for Applications to Work Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Taxonomy of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents
	Author(s)       : Hadriel Kaplan
                          Victor Pascual
	Filename        : draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-taxonomy-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-10-17

Abstract:
   In many SIP deployments, SIP entities exist in the SIP signaling path
   between the originating and final terminating endpoints, which go
   beyond the definition of a SIP Proxy, performing functions not
   defined in standards-track RFCs.  The only term for such devices
   provided in [RFC3261] is for a Back-to-Back User Agent (B2BUA), which
   is defined as the logical concatenation of a SIP User Agent Server
   (UAS) and User Agent Client (UAC).

   There are numerous types of SIP Back-to-Back User Agents, performing
   different roles in different ways.  For Example IP-PBXs, Session
   Border Controllers (SBC) [RFC5853] and Application Servers (AS).
   This document identifies several common Back-to-Back User Agent
   roles, in order to provide taxonomy other documents can use and
   reference.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-taxonomy

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-taxonomy-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-taxonomy-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/