Subject: [straw] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-04.txt

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 16:38:09 +0100

Hi all,

this new version of the draft addresses the review Magnus made on the
RTCP document. Let us know if you have any other doubt or concern about
the current status.

Lorenzo

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 07:57:35 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: "Sergio Garcia Murillo" <[email-masked]>, "Sergio
Garcia Murillo" <[email-masked]>, "Victor Pascual"
<[email-masked]>, "Victor Pascual"
<[email-masked]>, "Lorenzo Miniero" <[email-masked]>,
"Lorenzo Miniero" <[email-masked]> Subject: New Version
Notification for draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-04.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lorenzo Miniero and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp
Revision:	04
Title:		Guidelines to support RTCP end-to-end in
Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs) Document date:	2015-03-09
Group:		straw
Pages:		16
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-04.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-04
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-04

Abstract:
   SIP Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs) are often envisaged to also be
   on the media path, rather than just intercepting signalling.  This
   means that B2BUAs often implement an RTP/RTCP stack as well, whether
   to act as media transcoders or to just passthrough the media
   themselves, thus leading to separate multimedia sessions that the
   B2BUA correlates and bridges together.  If not disciplined, though,
   this behaviour can severely impact the communication experience,
   especially when statistics and feedback information contained in RTCP
   packets get lost because of mismatches in the reported data.

   This document defines the proper behaviour B2BUAs should follow when
   also acting on the signalling/media plane in order to preserve the
   end-to-end functionality of RTCP.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat