Subject: [straw] I-D Action: draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 10:07:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Sip Traversal Required for Applications to Work Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Message Handling for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs)
        Authors         : Ram Mohan Ravindranath
                          Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-03-04

Abstract:
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs)
   are often designed to be on the media path, rather than just
   intercepting signaling.  This means that B2BUAs often act on the
   media path leading to separate media legs that the B2BUA correlates
   and bridges together.  When acting on the media path, B2BUAs are
   likely to receive Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) packets
   as part of Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) processing.
   It is critical that B2BUAs handle these STUN messages properly.

   This document defines behavior for a B2BUA performing ICE processing.
   The goal of this draft is to ensure that ICE used for NAT and
   Firewall traversal of multimedia sessions works when there are B2BUAs
   in place and the B2BUAs handle STUN messages properly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 18:09:00 +0000

This version addresses the WGLC comments of Lorenzo. All WGLC comments
have now been addressed

Thanks,
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, 4 March 2015 11:37 pm
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [straw] I-D Action: draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun-03.txt

>        Title           : Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
>Message Handling for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User
>Agents (B2BUAs)
>_______________________________________________
>straw mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/straw

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 12:23:43 +0000

(A co-chair)

Hi,

Thanks Ram!

Please note that the chairs requested WGLC comments to be sent by today. So, if anyone still have comments coming, now it's time to press that send button :)

The chairs would also like to give a big Thank You to those providing WGLC comments. Please take a look to verify that your comments have been properly addressed.

Thanks!

Regards,

Christer

-----Original Message-----
From: straw [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)
Sent: 4. maaliskuuta 2015 20:09
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [straw] I-D Action: draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun-03.txt

This version addresses the WGLC comments of Lorenzo. All WGLC comments have now been addressed

Thanks,
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, 4 March 2015 11:37 pm
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [straw] I-D Action: draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun-03.txt

> This draft is a work item of the Sip Traversal Required for 
>Applications to Work Working Group of the IETF.
>
>Message Handling for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back 
>User Agents (B2BUAs)
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
>submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at 
>tools.ietf.org.
>