Subject: [straw] RFC 7879 on DTLS-SRTP Handling in SIP Back-to-Back User Agents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 17:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7879

        Title:      DTLS-SRTP Handling in SIP Back-to-Back 
                    User Agents 
        Author:     R. Ravindranath, T. Reddy,
                    G. Salgueiro, V. Pascual, P. Ravindran
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 29648
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7879

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7879

Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs)
exist on the signaling and media paths between the endpoints.  This
document describes the behavior of B2BUAs when Secure Real-time
Transport (SRTP) security context is set up with the Datagram
Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol.

This document is a product of the Sip Traversal Required for Applications to Work Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC