Subject: [Suit] pruning in draft-moran-suit-manifest

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 16:16:35 -0500

I'm watching the video from the SUIT WG meeting of IETF103
(as I had a conflict).
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moran-suit-manifest/

Read the -03 document... I think that I read -01 back in the spring.

> N.B.  The value 19 is a placeholder and needs to be registered.
might be better to use TBD please :-)

I am pleased that map structures are used throughout.

It really took a bit of understanding why it felt like a new
COSE object was being created.  Then I realized that it was a new thing.
I understand now that COSE_Digest a way to point at externally hashed
objects.

I suggest that this belongs in a new document, or maybe could be in a later
section.

But, I started this email to understand the pruning for storage and/or transport.
It took me a few cycles and paging back and forth in the document to see
how the pruning can take place while still being able to validate the
signature.  I worried at first that the description, etc. was not under
the signature, and then figured that it wasn't.

I see how you did it now, and I really like it.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-