Subject: [Supa] SUPA Applicability Document

From: "Narasimha Rao Vadrevu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 14:38:56 -0700

Hi All,

Find attached my first cut at this.

*         Draft proposal and problem description all are based on 1 use case
DDC. I thought of going for a completely different application (say, zero
touch provisioning of a CPE equipment), but even though it is within the
realm of SUPA, I understand  that SUPA is not completely scoped out, so I
stayed away.

*         For the DDC use case Dacheng pointed me to this document
"datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheng-supa-ddc-use-cases/?include_text=1".
This document has examples of the DDC provisioning use cases, so I don't
want to repeat my-self

*         I used a run time operation (SUPA is not defining the SLA but
driving it)

Since time is of the essence, at this point of time I thought to run it with
you all for additional  insights and edits.

Regards,

Narasimha Rao Vadrevu

Principal, VN Telecom Consultancy

 <http://www.von20.com> www.von20.com

+14087810490

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 23:53:55 +0200

Hi,

in my view, an applicability document describes how a certain
technology is applied to solve certain problems. An applicability
document is not meant to define technology. The problem it is
difficult to write a convincing applicability document for a
technology not yet fully defined.

I do not get the idea behind section 3. What are all these tree
diagrams? They do not tell my much. SUPA is not going to define
has-policy-condition "boolean reaches greater than 90%". I think you
should remove these tree diagrams and instead focus on defining
collections of typical policies in a semi formal ad-hoc notation for
the use cases covered and then later on we can work out how these
policies can be represented using the framework SUPA settles on.

/js

> _______________________________________________
> Supa mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/supa

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Narasimha Rao Vadrevu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 15:06:33 -0700

HI Juergen,

Thanks for the quick feedback, answers in line.

Thanks,
Narasimha

-----Original Message-----
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 2:54 PM
To: Narasimha Rao Vadrevu
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Supa] SUPA Applicability Document

Hi,

in my view, an applicability document describes how a certain technology is
applied to solve certain problems. An applicability document is not meant to
define technology. The problem it is difficult to write a convincing
applicability document for a technology not yet fully defined.
[Narasimha Vadrevu]  I am with you

I do not get the idea behind section 3. What are all these tree diagrams?
They do not tell my much. SUPA is not going to define has-policy-condition
"boolean reaches greater than 90%". I think you should remove these tree
diagrams and instead focus on defining collections of typical policies in a
semi formal ad-hoc notation for the use cases covered and then later on we
can work out how these policies can be represented using the framework SUPA
settles on.
[Narasimha Vadrevu]  Thought to represent a high level info model.  IMO
network manager can trigger an event > 90% or not +/-.  Let me look again.

/js

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 02:38:56PM -0700, Narasimha Rao Vadrevu wrote:
> DDC. I thought of going for a completely different application (say, 
> zero touch provisioning of a CPE equipment), but even though it is 
> within the realm of SUPA, I understand  that SUPA is not completely 
> scoped out, so I stayed away.
> 
> This document has examples of the DDC provisioning use cases, so I 
> don't want to repeat my-self
> 
> Since time is of the essence, at this point of time I thought to run 
> it with you all for additional  insights and edits.
> 
>  
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Narasimha Rao Vadrevu
> 
>  
>

---

From: "Narasimha Rao Vadrevu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 11:41:07 -0700

Made the changes suggested by Juergen. 

Advanced happy July 4th to those of us who will be celebrating.

Narasimha

-----Original Message-----
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 2:54 PM
To: Narasimha Rao Vadrevu
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Supa] SUPA Applicability Document

Hi,

/js

---

From: "Dacheng Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:23:39 +0800

Hi Narasimha,

If you prefer to use word to edit. The following pages may help.
https://www.rfc-editor.org/formatting.html
http://www.isi.edu/touch/tools/2-Word-v2.0.template.dot

Cheers

Dacheng