Subject: [T2TRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 01:38:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Thing-to-Thing of the IETF.

        Title           : Security Considerations in the IP-based Internet of Things
        Authors         : Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Mohit Sethi
	Filename        : draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-01.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2017-02-24

Abstract:
   The Internet of Things concept refers to the usage of standard
   Internet protocols to allow for human-to-thing or thing-to-thing
   communication.  Although the security needs are well-recognized, it
   is still not fully clear how existing IP-based security protocols
   should be applied to this new setting.  This Internet-Draft first
   provides an overview of security architecture, its deployment model
   and general security needs in the context of the lifecycle of a
   thing.  Then, it presents challenges and requirements for the
   successful roll-out of new applications and usage of standard IP-
   based security protocols when applied to get a functional Internet of
   Things.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Garcia Morchon O, Oscar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 09:48:54 +0000

Dear all

we have submitted the next version of the research group draft on
security considerations for the Internet of Things (IoT). The draft has
undergone several iterations of cleaning up some old text and updating
the references. We have also added new text based on the feedback
received from the last IETF in Seoul.

Feedback and comments are welcome.

Oscar

________________________________
From: T2TRG <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 9:38 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [T2TRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-01.txt

Abstract:

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons/
draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-00 - datatracker.ietf.org<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons/>
datatracker.ietf.org
Security Considerations in the IP-based Internet of Things (Internet-Draft, 2016)

_______________________________________________
T2TRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/t2trg

________________________________
The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.