Subject: [T2TRG] 3rd Workshop on Interoperability and Open-Source Solutions for the Internet of Things (InterOSS-IoT 2018): Call For Papers

From: Gino Carrozzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 15:15:56 +0100

[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this email. This CfP might be of
interest for many in t2trg group]

3rd Workshop on Interoperability and Open-Source Solutions for the Internet
of Things (InterOSS-IoT 2018)
in conjunction with Global IoT Summit 2018
06-09 June, Bilbao, Spain

OVERVIEW
--------
Internet of Things Interoperability resides on the principle of connecting
a large number of devices to a global infrastructure to offer
added value features and global services across IoT platforms. In the past
years we have witnessed the consolidation of communication protocols
connecting various devices and the advent of open source frameworks for IoT
interoperability. Standardization initiatives, industry alliances, and
collaborative research projects have developed solutions to address the
challenge of IoT interoperability. Sensor, actuator, and “thing”
description formats as well as communication protocols and APIs have been
designed to build advanced cross-domain IoT solutions and entire ecosystems
based on interoperable IoT platform technologies.
The challenges ahead are to advance interoperable IoT technologies for
handling complex tasks and global interconnected systems in trendy
verticals with high impact on the society, e.g. smart cities and ports,
healthcare, automated manufacturing lines, connected robots, or autonomous
vehicles. Open source interoperability solutions and open standards remain
a viable option to automate the collaboration between otherwise closed IoT
platforms with key challenges related to semantics, uniform APIs, security,
privacy and trust issues, as well as technology uptake with increasing
deployments.
Following the success of the previous two editions, the “3rd Workshop on
Interoperability and Open-Source Solutions for the Internet of Things
(InterOSS-IoT)” focuses on exploring the potential of interoperable IoT
platform technology to facilitate and enhance the creation of complex
systems and associated open source technology and open protocols.
The workshop addresses current challenges in the IoT domain and promotes
uptake by the industry from emerging open source solutions and best
practices from IoT deployment experiences. Organized as a scientific event,
workshop’s objective is to foster the exchange of practical experiences
within the IoT community as well as contribute to create new ideas around
open issues and gaps on Internet of Things platforms interoperability,
architectural principles, standardization efforts, and deployment
experiences.
We invite authors to submit scientific papers reporting advance in the
state of the art and practical experiences on interoperable IoT solutions,
solutions relying on open-source software as well as emerging concepts and
visionary papers.
Topics of interest include (not limited to):

IoT Principles, Design and Technology
- Interoperability solutions for IoT systems and platforms
- Standardisation efforts related to IoT solutions and Applications
- Key concepts for interoperable IoT architectures
- Semantic models for the IoT Platforms Data Exchange
- Security, privacy and trust for IoT Devices and Platforms
- IoT device Data Mash-Ups and platforms Orchestration
- Solutions for IoT platform federations and interworking
- Distributed ledger technology for interoperable IoT ecosystems

IoT Experiments, Practice and Applications
- IoT applications and real life deployments, e.g., in Smart Cities,
Healthcare, Industrial IoT, Robotics, Autonomous Vehicles
- Experiences from real industrial IoT deployments
- Recent advances in open source IoT platforms and tools
- Experimentally-driven Internet of Things experience
- Business perspectives on IoT ecosystem creation
- Business models and marketplaces

InterOSS (http://www.inteross.org/) is bi-annual workshop organized to
promotes open discussions for scientific progress, industrial standards
evaluation and showcase practical experiences on interoperable IoT
applications promoting open-source solutions.
The workshop is organized by H2020 projects symbIoTe (
https://www.symbiote-h2020.eu) and BIG IoT (http://big-iot.eu/), which are
part of the European Platforms Initiative (IoT-EPI, http://iot-epi.eu/).

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
--------------------
Workshop General Chairs:
- Ivana Podnar Žarko (University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical
Engineering and Computing, Croatia)
- Martin Serrano (INSIGHT, National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland)
- Arne Broering (Siemens, Germany)
- Sergios Soursos, Intracom Telecom, Greece

Important Dates
--------------------------
Paper submission deadline: February 28, 2018
Acceptance Notification: March 31, 2018
Camera-Ready Paper Submission: April 30, 2018

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
---------------------------
Original research papers can be submitted via EDAS at link:
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=24130&track=89110.

Papers shall be written in English with a maximum paper length of six (6)
printed pages and US letter page format.

Papers will be fully peer reviewed. Accepted and presented papers will be
published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore as
well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.

All papers must conform, at time of submission, to the IEEE Formatting
Guidelines. Please use either Word Template (
http://wfiot2016.ieee-wf-iot.org/files/2016/03/2014_04_msw_usltr_format-WF_IoT-2015.doc)
or LaTeX
package (
http://wfiot2016.ieee-wf-iot.org/files/2016/03/IEEELaTeX_Letter_2Col.zip).

IEEE takes the protection of intellectual property seriously. Accordingly,
all submissions will be screened for plagiarism using CrossCheck. By
submitting your work you agree to allow IEEE to screen your work.
For more information please visit:
http://www.crossref.org/crosscheck/index.html

IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the
conference, including IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, if the paper is not
presented by the author at the conference.