Subject: [T2TRG] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-03.txt

From: L M Feeney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 17:24:24 +0200

Dear all,

There is a new version of the draft Inter-network Coexistence in the 
Internet of Things

This incorporates helpful feedback from the London meeting -- overall I 
think that folks were receptive to the material.

I will follow-up with a more specific message describing how the new 
draft incorporates feedback from the meeting.

But, for now, I would like to emphasize that the community does not seem 
to have a strong understanding of how IoT protocols will perform in 
realistic interference environments.

Thanks and regards,
Laura

----
Laura Marie Feeney
Division of Computer Systems
Uppsala University

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-03.txt
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 05:55:14 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Laura Marie Feeney <[email-masked]>, Laura Feeney 
<[email-masked]>, Viktoria Fodor <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Laura Marie Feeney and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network
Revision:	03
Title:		Inter-network Coexistence in the Internet of Things
Document date:	2018-05-25
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		20
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-03.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-03
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-03

Abstract:
    The breadth of IoT applications implies that there will be many
    diverse, administratively independent networks operating in the same
    physical location.  In many cases, these networks will use unlicensed
    spectrum, due to its low cost and ease of deployment.  However, this
    spectrum is becoming increasingly crowded.  IoT networks will
    therefore be subject to wireless interference, both from similar
    networks and from networks that use the wireless channel in very
    different ways.

    High-density, heterogeneous wireless environments present formidable
    challenges for network coexistence.  The PHY and MAC layers are
    primarily responsible for managing how radios use the channel.  But
    higher layer protocols are also a key factor in inter-network
    interaction.  To date, there have been few performance studies of
    coexistence in future IoT operating environments, particularly with
    respect to protocol behavior and network-scale interactions.

    This document describes key challenges for coexistence and highlights
    some recent research results that demonstrate the impact of protocol
    level interactions on network performance.  It identifies both
    concrete and speculative opportunities for the IRTF T2TRG community.
    The former include developing and documenting best practices for
    performance evaluation and contributing IoT-related protocols being
    developed within IETF.  The latter include speculative research into
    the design of high-layer protocols that allow networks to actively
    coordinate their access to the shared channel.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat