Subject: [tap] IETF - Let's Get Started

From: Ovid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 02:05:53 -0700 (PDT)

I'm a bit disappointed that after all of our effort to get the TAP IETF process started, we have let it languish.  I'd like to restart this effort.  We understand what a lot of basic issues are, so let's get some traction on this.  Background links:

Initial proposal discussion:

  http://testanything.org/wiki/index.php/Initial_IETF_proposal_discussion

Notes on the IETF process:

  http://testanything.org/wiki/index.php/TAP_at_IETF:_Notes

Sign up for the IETF mailing list:

  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tap

TAP:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Anything_Protocol

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/
Tech blog            - http://use.perl.org/~Ovid/journal/
Twitter              - http://twitter.com/OvidPerl
Official Perl 6 Wiki - http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6
_______________________________________________
tap mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tap

---

From: "Gaurav Vaidya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 19:19:23 +0800

Hi everybody,

2008/10/8 Ovid <[email-masked]>:
> We understand what a lot of basic issues are, so let's get some traction on this.
As the next thing we need is a group charter (if we already have one,
and I just haven't noticed, ignore this e-mail), I've copied the
charter format from RFC 2418 to make a skeleton charter at
testanything.org:
http://testanything.org/wiki/index.php/IETF_WG_Proposed_Charter

Two small and one big question:
1. Who is/are going to be the chair(s)?
2. Which area of IETF are we under? You can see the list of areas at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/wg-dir.html.
3. We need to write a description of the problem being solved, and the
objectives of this WG.

I'll try coming up with a description tonight or tomorrow, but please
feel free to beat me to it.

cheers,
Gaurav

---

From: Andy Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:22:47 +0100

On 8 Oct 2008, at 10:05, Ovid wrote:
> I'm a bit disappointed that after all of our effort to get the TAP  
> IETF process started, we have let it languish.  I'd like to restart  
> this effort.  We understand what a lot of basic issues are, so let's  
> get some traction on this.  Background links:
>

I agree. Perhaps we should start trying to write something that looks  
like an Internet-Draft?

I've created an empty page here

http://testanything.org/wiki/index.php/TAP_at_IETF:_Draft_Standard

for the purpose and grabbed a copy of the RFC Document Style guide:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-style-guide/rfc-style-manual-08.txt

-- 
Andy Armstrong, Hexten