Subject: [Taps] Benoit Claise's No Objection on charter-ietf-taps-00-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 04:07:23 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-taps-00-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-taps/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Define a set of Transport Services, prioritizing those provided by 
   existing IETF protocols and congestion control mechanisms. As a 
   starting point, the working group will consider services used 
   between two endpoints.

What does "prioritizing" mean in the above sentence? 
If I take your 4 examples (reliable delivery, no guarantee of order
preservation (*) content privacy to in-path devices, and minimal
latency.), how can you prioritize those? You can't, it's purely an
application programmers choice.

Or maybe I missed something?
Don't you mean "identifying" instead of "prioritizing", or maybe
"identifying the most common ones"

(*) btw, same remark as Adrian wrt "no" guarantee of order preservation
as a service