Subject: [Taps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-taps-transports-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 05:55:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Services of the IETF.

        Title           : Services provided by IETF transport protocols and congestion control mechanisms
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Brian Trammell
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-ietf-taps-transports-12.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2016-10-25

Abstract:
   This document describes, surveys, classifies and compares the
   protocol mechanisms provided by existing IETF protocols, as
   background for determining a common set of transport services.  It
   examines the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), Multipath TCP, the
   Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP), the User Datagram
   Protocol (UDP), UDP-Lite, the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol
   (DCCP), the Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP), the Realtime
   Transport Protocol (RTP), File Delivery over Unidirectional
   Transport/Asynchronous Layered Coding Reliable Multicast (FLUTE/ALC),
   and NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM), Transport Layer Security
   (TLS), Datagram TLS (DTLS), and the Hypertext Transport Protocol
   (HTTP), when HTTP is used as a pseudotransport.  This survey provides
   background for the definition of transport services within the TAPS
   working group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transports/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-taps-transports-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-taps-transports-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:57:26 +0200

Greetings, all,

This revision addresses comments in the area reviews; the document is ready for the IESG.

Cheers,

Brian

> On 25 Oct 2016, at 14:55, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Taps mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/taps

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:10:14 -0500

Hi, Brian,

> This revision addresses comments in the area reviews; the document is

Thanks for getting this out, pre-IETF 97. I'll put it on the first telechat
agenda after the meeting (the agendas before IETF 97 are quite full).

I did notice that the newly inserted text "UDP on its own does not provide
support for segmentation" seems to lack parentheses, or some other
delimiters. I'm not waiting for this, but if one of the authors wants to
submit a revision that fixes that, your conversation with your GenART
reviewer will be shorter :-)

Spencer