Subject: [Taps] Robert Wilton's Yes on draft-ietf-taps-transport-security-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 10:12:13 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-taps-transport-security-11: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transport-security/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As incoming AD I found that document really useful and informative - thank you.

As a minor nit, I found the English around the usage of the term "Transport
Services", that I wasn't familiar with prior to reading this document, slightly
tricky to parse in the introduction, particularly because the term isn't
defined until the Terminology in section 3.

E.g. in the second paragraph it isn't clear to me what a "Transport Services
system" real means.  Possibly replace "a Transport Services system may need to
support" with "a Transport Service may need to support"?

Similarly, perhaps change " One of the goals of Transport Services is to define
a common interface for using transport protocols" to " One of the goals of
Transport Service definitions is to define a common interface for using
transport protocols"?

---

From: Tommy Pauly <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 10:08:04 -0700

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the review, and I’m glad this was a useful reference for you. You can find an updated version of the document here:

https://ietf-tapswg.github.io/draft-ietf-taps-transport-security/draft-ietf-taps-transport-security.html <https://ietf-tapswg.github.io/draft-ietf-taps-transport-security/draft-ietf-taps-transport-security.html>

We have added new text to address all of the editorial points you brought up.

Thanks,
Tommy

> On Apr 6, 2020, at 10:12 AM, Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Taps mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/taps