Subject: [Taps] Martin Duke's Yes on draft-ietf-taps-transport-security-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Duke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 13:35:24 -0700

Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-taps-transport-security-11: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transport-security/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

These taps Informational RFCs are going to be bound together and make a great
textbook someday.

One nit: In section 5.3, you note that TLS supports key export. IIRC, this is
only TLS 1.3. It might be worthwhile to specify it is 1.3 only.

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 15:03:32 -0700

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transport-security/

The TLS Exporter mechanism is defined by RFC 5705 for TLS non-1.3.

-Ben