Subject: [Taps] Weekly github digest (TAPS GitHub Activity Digest)

From: TAPS WG status robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 08:00:09 +0000

Issues
------
* ietf-tapswg/api-drafts (+17/-13/💬60)
  17 issues created:
  - Clarify handling of receive errors (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/792 
  - be more concrete about receiving (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/791 
  - Priority for single stream (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/790 [API] 
  - MUST ignore setting properties that does not exists (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/789 
  - Are message framers entangled in a connection group? (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/788 [API] 
  - prioritize path other protocol selection? (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/785 [API] 
  - No Segmentation   (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/782 [API] 
  - More thoughts on network Fragmentation (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/781 [API] 
  - To me, Safely Replayable text seems unclear ( 7.1.3.4.) (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/780 [API] [editorial] 
  - Priority property "represents a hierarchy of priorities"? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/779 [API] [editorial] 
  - Update ref to dplpmtud (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/778 [editorial] [ready for text] 
  - Editorial: is Constant-Rate Streaming a path characteristic  or appl traffic? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/777 [API] [editorial] 
  - UDP-Lite and Zero UDP Checksum (sect  6.1.1 and 7.1.3.6) (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/776 [API] [discuss] 
  - There could be more definitions@ (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/775 [API] 
  - What is "entangled"? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/774 [API] 
  - Editorial API NiTa (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/773 [API] [editorial] 
  -  Is Appendix A  actually implementation? (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/772 [API] 

  30 issues received 60 new comments:
  - #790 Priority for single stream (7 by abrunstrom, mirjak, mwelzl, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/790 [API] 
  - #781 More thoughts on network Fragmentation (5 by mwelzl, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/781 [API] 
  - #782 No Segmentation   (5 by mwelzl, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/782 [API] 
  - #774 What is "entangled"? (4 by mwelzl, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/774 [API] 
  - #772  Is Appendix A  actually implementation? (3 by squarooticus, mwelzl, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/772 [API] 
  - #788 Are message framers entangled in a connection group? (3 by mirjak, mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/788 [API] 
  - #773 Editorial API NiTa (2 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/773 [API] [editorial] 
  - #775 There could be more definitions@ (2 by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/775 [API] 
  - #777 Editorial: is Constant-Rate Streaming a path characteristic  or appl traffic? (2 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/777 [API] [editorial] 
  - #778 Update ref to dplpmtud (2 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/778 [API] [editorial] [ready for text] 
  - #789 MUST ignore setting properties that does not exists (2 by mwelzl, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/789 [API] 
  - #792 Clarify handling of receive errors (2 by mwelzl, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/792 [API] 
  - #672 Perform a final edit pass on all three docs: normalize capitalization/spelling of keywords, formatting, pseudocode syntax, etc. (2 by squarooticus, mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/672 [API] [Architecture] [Implementation] [editorial] [ready for text] 
  - #744 mutability of Preconnection objects is unclear (Sec 2) (2 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/744 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - #757 Nit: should be unreliably transmitted. (2 by abrunstrom, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/757 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - #776 UDP-Lite and Zero UDP Checksum (sect  6.1.1 and 7.1.3.6) (1 by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/776 [API] [discuss] 
  - #779 Priority property "represents a hierarchy of priorities"? (1 by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/779 [API] [editorial] 
  - #517 Inconsistencies in text realted to selection algorithm and racing (1 by abrunstrom)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/517 [Implementation] 
  - #743 Is the "candidate tree" concept actually normative? (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/743 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - #750 Framer changes and send/receive buffers (Sec 6.1) (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/750 [Implementation] 
  - #751 How do I know what subnet I'm on? (Sec 9.2) (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/751 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - #752 Nit: Section 2 - do we need one line of intro? (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/752 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - #753 Nit: Section 3.1: No such protocol… (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/753 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - #755 This use of “remote” on its own offends me... (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/755 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - #756 Structuring Options as a Tree?: what is an option? (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/756 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - #758 What is a "throw"? (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/758 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - #759 Should resolve() have a callback? (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/759 [API] 
  - #760 Should clone() have a callback? (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/760 [API] [editorial] 
  - #761 Should CloseGroup() and/or AbortGroup() generate events? (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/761 [API] 
  - #762 Can you close a Preconnection? (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/762 [API] 

  13 issues closed:
  - Should clone() have a callback? https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/760 [API] [editorial] 
  - Update ref to dplpmtud https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/778 [API] [editorial] [ready for text] 
  - Editorial API NiTa https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/773 [API] [editorial] 
  - Editorial: is Constant-Rate Streaming a path characteristic  or appl traffic? https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/777 [API] [editorial] 
  -  Is Appendix A  actually implementation? https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/772 [API] 
  - Editorial issues on 5.1.1. Message Properties https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/746 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - What if there's no context switch penalty for sending messages? (Sec 5.1.2) https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/749 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - How do I know what subnet I'm on? (Sec 9.2) https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/751 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - Closing state not defined https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/731 [API] 
  - "meaning of the Message" in 5.1.2 Send Completion is unclear https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/747 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - Define multipath terms https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/704 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - Inconsistencies in text realted to selection algorithm and racing https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/517 [Implementation] 
  - Should resolve() have a callback? https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/759 [API] 

Pull requests
-------------
* ietf-tapswg/api-drafts (+14/-10/💬2)
  14 pull requests submitted:
  - Fixes around Clone and entanglement (by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/794 
  - Tiny minset fix (by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/793 
  - PR for when a transport system replays messages (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/787 
  - Proposed editorial changes to abstract and intro (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/786 
  - Update draft-ietf-taps-interface.md (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/784 
  - Update draft-ietf-taps-interface.md (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/783 
  - Clarify Events upon various close / abort calls. (by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/771 
  - Events upon Clone (by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/770 [API] 
  - SCTP stream mapping, closes #708. (manual re-application of PR #722) (by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/769 
  - Restructure tree structure. (by britram)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/768 
  - Editorial rollup, bis. (by britram)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/767 
  - Update draft-ietf-taps-impl.md (by zaheduzzaman)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/766 
  - Packet vs. datagram (by squarooticus)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/765 
  - add Closing to the state diagram (by britram)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/764 

  2 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #768 Restructure tree structure (1 by britram)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/768 
  - #771 Clarify Events upon various close / abort calls. (1 by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/771 [API] 

  10 pull requests merged:
  - Events upon Clone
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/770 [API] 
  - Update to fix NITS in draft-ietf-taps-interface.md
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/784 
  - Editorial rollup, bis.
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/767 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - Update draft-ietf-taps-impl.md
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/766 
  - Packet vs. datagram
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/765 
  - add Closing to the state diagram
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/764 
  - Clarify "consumed" and "failed to send" timing.
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/748 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - Editorial rollup
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/745 [Implementation] [editorial] 
  - Bring the multipath text in line with the API
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/742 [Implementation] 
  - Small updates to the minset appendix for consistency
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/740 [API] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts