Subject: [tcpinc] Argintina reciprocity fee waived for US citizens

From: David Mazieres <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 12:27:56 -0700

Hi, everybody.  I know this is the wrong forum for this discussion, but
it's the widest distribution list of interested parties to which I have
access.  The IETF 95 web site suggests that people traveling on US
passports must pay a reciprocity fee before leaving for Argentina.  I
was about to pay the fee until I heard that the embassy's web site is
announcing a 90-day fee waiver:

        http://www.embassyofargentina.us/en/consular-section/reciprocity-fee-for-us-citizens.html

If anyone knows a reason not to believe the above link, then please let
me know.  If not, and if you are traveling on a US passport, you may
want to avoid paying the fee if you haven't already paid it.

David

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 15:58:15 -0400

I heard that too, but I also heard from somebody that their airline had 
not heard of this and still required proof of purchase before allowing 
people to board. I don't know which is right, but I'd suggest 
double-checking on your own.

Thanks

-- Flemming

On 3/31/16 3:27 PM, David Mazieres wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Tcpinc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpinc
> .
>

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 23:18:58 +0300

It’s been discussed extensively on the IETF and attendees lists. 

The requirement has been lifted on March 24th. People who have already paid will not get their money back, but the airlines should not require proof anymore.

Yoav

> On 31 Mar 2016, at 10:58 PM, Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I heard that too, but I also heard from somebody that their airline had not heard of this and still required proof of purchase before allowing people to board. I don't know which is right, but I'd suggest double-checking on your own.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> -- Flemming
> 
> 
>

---

From: David Mazieres <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 14:35:21 -0700

Yoav Nir <[email-masked]> writes:

> The requirement has been lifted on March 24th. People who have already
> paid will not get their money back, but the airlines should not
> require proof anymore.

Thanks.  Sorry to have hijacked the tcpinc list.  For someone who can
post to the other lists, you might suggest updating the ietf95 home
page, which currently links to a page that states "If you are a US,
Australian or Canadian citizen, you will need to pay a reciprocity fee
before you enter Argentina."

David

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 01:43:06 +0300

> On 1 Apr 2016, at 12:35 AM, David Mazieres <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> before you enter Argentina.”

Done.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/95attendees/xZjC62Cs5sgvA-KMCffCSiURSCE

Yoav