Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-00

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:52:14 -0300

Hello, folks,

I have published a new Internet-draft entitled "On the generation of 
TCP timestamps". The draft is available at: 
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-00.txt . (See 
the details bellow).

Any comments will be more than welcome.

Thanks!
Fernando

>A new version of I-D, draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-00.txt has been 
>successfuly submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the IETF repository.
>
>Filename:       draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps
>Revision:       00
>Title:          On the generation of TCP timestamps
>Creation_date:  2008-10-28
>WG ID:          Independent Submission
>Number_of_pages: 8
>
>Abstract:
>This document describes an algorithm for selecting the timestamps (TS
>value) used for TCP connections that use the TCP timestamp option,
>such that the resulting timestamps are monotonically-increasing
>across connections that involve the same four-tuple {local IP
>address, local TCP port, remote IP address, remote TCP port}.  The
>properties of the algorithm are such the possibility of an attacker
>guessing the exact value is reduced.  Additionally, it describes an
>algorithm for processing incoming SYN segments to allow a higher
>connection establishment rates to any TCP end-point.
> 
>

--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm