Subject: [tcpm] Protocol Action: 'Forward RTO-Recovery (F-RTO): An Algorithm for Detecting Spurious Retransmission Timeouts with TCP' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:39:15 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Forward RTO-Recovery (F-RTO): An Algorithm for Detecting Spurious 
   Retransmission Timeouts with TCP '
   <draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc4138bis-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc4138bis-04.txt

Technical Summary:

  This document advances the F-RTO algorithm previously published in
  RFC 4138 from Experimental to Proposed Standard.  The changes from
  RFC 4138 are described in an appendix, but mainly consist of
  clarifications. This document only upgrades F-RTO for TCP from
  Experimental to Standards Track; F-RTO for SCTP remains an
  Experimental mechanism as described in RFC 4138. (This is the
  reason why this document updates RFC 4138 instead of obsoleting it.)

Working Group Summary

  The working group saw that there were good experiences with F-RTO
  trials for TCP, and decided that it was reasonable to move it from
  Experimental to Proposed Standard.  The working group has accepted
  all of the changes that the authors have made without much
  controversy.

Document Quality

  The document was reviewed for quality by a fair number of TCPM
  WG members.

Personnel

Wesley Eddy ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) has reviewed this document for the
IESG.

RFC Editor Note.

Please expand the  RTO (Retransmission Timeout) and MSS
(Maximum Segment Size) acronyms on first occurrence.

Section 5:
Old:
    "unnecessarily an inappropriately"
NEW:
    "unnecessarily and inappropriately"

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm