Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-00.txt

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 14:46:48 -0700

See below...

Joe

---

A new version of I-D, draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Joe Touch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis
Revision:	00
Title:		TCP Control Block Interdependence
Document date:	2016-06-27
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		17
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-00

Abstract:
   This memo describes interdependent TCP control blocks, where part of
   the TCP state is shared among similar concurrent or consecutive
   connections. TCP state includes a combination of parameters, such as
   connection state, current round-trip time estimates, congestion
   control information, and process information. Most of this state is
   maintained on a per-connection basis in the TCP Control Block (TCB),
   but implementations can (and do) share certain TCB information
   across connections to the same host. Such sharing can improve
   transient transport performance, while maintaining backward-
   compatibility with existing implementations. The sharing described
   herein is limited to only the TCB initialization and so has no
   effect on the long-term behavior of TCP after a connection has been
   established.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat