Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:14:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : RSVP-TE Extensions for Associated Bidirectional LSPs
        Authors         : Fei Zhang
                          Ruiquan Jing
                          Rakesh Gandhi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-02-19

Abstract:
   This document describes Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP)
   extensions to bind two point-to-point unidirectional Label Switched
   Paths (LSPs) into an associated bidirectional LSP.  The association
   is achieved by defining new Association Types for use in ASSOCIATION
   and in Extended ASSOCIATION Objects.  One of these types enables
   independent provisioning of the associated bidirectional LSPs on both
   sides, while the other enables single sided provisioning.  The
   REVERSE_LSP Object is also defined to enable a single endpoint to
   specify all the parameters of an associated LSP in the single sided
   provisioning case.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 01:49:49 +0000

Hi WG,

This revision introduces the changes for option (a) for the issue raised
in the email titled "[Teas] A clarification request for
draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp".

The suggested changes are for your review. Welcome your
comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
Rakesh

On 2015-02-19 8:14 PM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>	Filename        :
>draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04.txt
>	Pages           : 20
>	Date            : 2015-02-19
>
>Abstract:
>_______________________________________________
>Teas mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 12:22:44 +0800

Rakesh, working group,

I think that option (a) is the simplest and what we should do.

One question though - the REVERSE_LSP Object was allocated by IANA
like 6 month ago. This is normally done because we have implementations
(often about to be deployed), now if we move from that the REVERSE_LSP
Object "is not required" to "is required" will that cause backwards
compatibility problems for the early implementations?

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 15:20:09 +0000

Hi Loa,

Thank you for your comments.

We (authors) had requested the IANA allocation.
We (authors) are not aware of an implementation where this will introduce
an interop issue.

thanks,
Rakesh

On 2015-02-19 11:22 PM, "Loa Andersson" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>         Title           : RSVP-TE Extensions for Associated
>>>Bidirectional
>>> LSPs
>>>         Authors         : Fei Zhang
>>>                           Ruiquan Jing
>>>                           Rakesh Gandhi
>>> 	Filename        :
>>>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-asso
>>>ci
>>> ated-lsp/
>>>
>>>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated
>>>-l
>>> sp-04
>>>
>>>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-asso
>>>ci
>>> ated-lsp-04
>>>
>>>