Subject: [Teas] Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-fast-lsps-requirements-01.txt> (Requirements for Very Fast Setup of GMPLS LSPs) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 14:44:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture
and Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for Very Fast Setup of GMPLS LSPs'
  <draft-ietf-teas-fast-lsps-requirements-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Establishment and control of Label Switch Paths (LSPs) have become
   mainstream tools of commercial and government network providers.  One
   of the elements of further evolving such networks is scaling their
   performance in terms of LSP bandwidth and traffic loads, LSP
   intensity (e.g., rate of LSP creation, deletion, and modification),
   LSP set up delay, quality of service differentiation, and different
   levels of resilience.

   The goal of this document is to present target scaling objectives and
   the related protocol requirements for Generalized Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching (GMPLS).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-fast-lsps-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-fast-lsps-requirements/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.