Subject: [Teas] IETF TE Topology YANG Model Design Meeting Notes - 2016-05-16

From: Xufeng Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 13:17:48 +0000

Participants:
Igor, Xufeng, Pavan, Sergio, Tarek,

- Discussed alignment with i2rs base network-topology model.
  > Before augmenting i2rs-yang-network-topo, for an access link, we
    could specify remote te-node-id and remote te-link-id, but we
    cannot do this after the augmentation, because the key for the
    link is a URI string. The solution for this issues is to add
    additional attributes <remote-te-node-id, remote-te-tp-id> to
    te-link-attributes when the link is an access link (represented by
    an open-ended link with one end of the te-link is not specified).

- Discussed alignment with i2rs-yang-l3-topology model.
  > We will actively drive the progress of this draft, by reviewing
    and revising the model and texts.
  > We will make sure that the models and descriptions are consistent
    between i2rs-yang-l3-topology and te-topology

- Separating te-topology and l3-te-topology drafts
  > During IETF95, we received a comment to recommend to move the module
    ietf-te-topology-psc out of draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo, because
    ietf-te-topology-psc is an augmentation to module ietf-te-topology
    and is PSC specific. After discussions, we agreed to move
    ietf-te-topology-psc to the l3-te-topology draft.

- Started discussions on SR topology and SR-TE topology model.
  > Plan to construct the related modules as following:
    sr-topo augments l3-unicast-igp-topology
    sr-te-topo augments l3-te-topology

Thanks,

- Xufeng