Subject: [Teas] Protocol Action: 'Problem Statement and Architecture for Information Exchange Between Interconnected Traffic Engineered Networks' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-teas-interconnected-te-info-exchange-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:44:11 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Problem Statement and Architecture for Information Exchange Between
   Interconnected Traffic Engineered Networks'
  (draft-ietf-teas-interconnected-te-info-exchange-07.txt) as Best
Current Practice

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-interconnected-te-info-exchange/

Technical Summary

This document sets out the problem statement for the exchange of TE
information between interconnected TE networks in support of end-to-
end TE path establishment and describes the best current practice
architecture to meet this problem statement.  For reasons that are
explained in the document, this work is limited to simple TE
constraints and information that determine TE reachability.
 
Working Group Summary

This document has been in process for a long time.  There were many
heated discussions that eventually led to the this document which has a
high degree of support.  Recent delays were largely editorial rather
than in content.  

Document Quality

This document has been discussed and reviewed by the WG many times.  It
has a wide scope and covers it comprehensively.  Having this information
consolidated in a single place has real value to the WG, users and
vendors. 

Personnel

Who is the Document Shepherd? Lou Berger
Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard