Subject: [Teas] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec-06: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 11:01:43 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec-06: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm uncertain what section 2.1.3. actually recommends. My understanding is that
it is recommend to still send retransmit some message even if the Rl was
reached and to that every 30s basically forever. First of all I think this
still needs a termination criteria when to stop to try to retransmit finally.
And the I don't understand why this is needed, instead of e.g. just using a
larger Rl value? Can you please clarify!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I fully agree with the gan-art review (Thanks Elwyn!) and Alvaro, that this
reads from time to time like a BCP but is actually a extension specification. I
would strongly recommend to apply the changes proposed by the gen-art review,
and there is also a very detailed list of nits/edits that should probably be
applied. Please have a look at that!

---

From: Vishnu Pavan Beeram <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 23:45:25 -0400

Mirja, Hi!

Thanks for the review. We just posted a new revision (-07) to address the
Gen-Art review comments. Please go through the new diffs (
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec-07)
and let us know if additional changes are required.

Also, please go through the responses provided to the other review comments
and let us know if there are still any unanswered questions.

Regards,
-Pavan

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Teas mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas
>