Subject: [Teas] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 22:17:18 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some reservations around certain aspects of the document, but they've
largely been captured by other IESG members. I'll reiterate two of them here,
phrased as concrete suggestions.

Change the title to something more like "Protocol Enhancements to Improve...",
and rephrase all uses of the word "recommendation" to instead refer to the
techniques described in the document.

Clarify that the retransmission of messages described in section 2.1.3 does not
continue for years or decades: specify a limit after which retransmission
ceases even without an ACK.

Please expand the following acronyms upon first use and in the title;
see https://www.rfc-editor.org/materials/abbrev.expansion.txt for guidance.

 - RSVP-TE - RSVP Traffic Engineering
 - LSR - Label Switching Router

---

From: Vishnu Pavan Beeram <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 23:47:06 -0400

Adam, Hi!

Thanks for the review. We just posted a new revision (-07) to address the
Gen-Art review comments. Please go through the new diffs (
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec-07)
and let us know if additional changes are required.

Also, please go through the responses provided to the other review comments
and let us know if there are still any unanswered questions.

Regards,
-Pavan

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 1:17 AM, Adam Roach <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Teas mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas
>