Subject: [Teas] Document Action: 'Scenarios and Simulation Results of PCE in Native IP Network' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 14:55:52 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Scenarios and Simulation Results of PCE in Native IP Network'
  (draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-12.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios/

Technical Summary

Requirements for providing the End to End(E2E) performance
assurance are emerging within the service provider network.  While
there are various technology solutions, there is no one solution which
can fulfill these requirements for a native IP network.  One universal
(E2E) solution which can cover both intra-domain and inter-domain
scenarios is needed.

One feasible E2E traffic engineering solution is the use of a Path
Computation Elements (PCE) in a native IP network.  This document
describes various complex scenarios and simulation results when
applying a PCE in a native IP network.  This solution, referred to as
Centralized Control Dynamic Routing (CCDR), integrates the
advantage of using distributed protocols and the power of a
centralized control technology.

Working Group Summary

This document received limited support and no objections to
publication as an Information document within the WG.

Document Quality

This document describes scenarios and a related simulation, and has
input from multiple operators.

Personnel

  Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Lou Berger
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard