Subject: [Teas] Merging the IETF Network Slicing Definitions and Framework WG documents

From: Vishnu Pavan Beeram <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 11:25:24 -0500

WG,

It’s time for the previously discussed merge of the IETF Network Slicing
Definitions and Framework WG documents. To facilitate this merge we have
asked our technical advisor, Adrian Farrel, to serve as the document
editor.

We are asking Adrian to be the editor of the merged document, and for him
to publish it as soon as possible.  We expect the first version to be a
simple merge of the two documents, and we expect that the following version
will remove duplication and harmonise the work, but there will be some
rough patches in that second version that reflect the current areas where
we don’t have firm consensus in the WG -- the lack of consensus on the text
may even be noted in these sections. Adrian will then start to seek
consensus on the open issues and improve the text version by version.

We thank all who have contributed to this discussion and the current WG
drafts.  This contribution will be acknowledged in the merged draft, with
all current  authors and contributors of the two documents being identified
in the same role in the merged document. (Authors may choose to be listed
as a contributor or moved to the acknowledgment sections.)

Our current thinking is that it would be helpful to have open and regular
meetings, run by the editor to facilitate the work on the merged draft.
Also, after the second version is published, we expect to hold an interim
meeting to discuss this version and any areas where consensus is not clear.

Regards,

-Pavan and Lou