Subject: RE: Comments on Applicability Statement

From: Mike MacFaden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 06:21:21 -0700

At 07:52 PM 4/4/01 -0400, Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALCOO wrote:
>Current operational TE methods are limited to what vendors are offering,
>which right now are rudimentary capabilities for TE.  Therefore, the
>TEWG/carriers are specifying requirements for TE methods that they feel are
>required/desired.  Such required TE methods can only become operational when
>vendors implement the features recommended through standards.  

I do not agee with this.

Vendors implement capabilities carriers need if they
want to stay in business in a competitive marketplace. 

A standard defining untried claimed features will not improve such 
capabilities if the problems have not first been first 
understood and solved by carriers working in close cooperation
with their chosen vendors. The results of which are then 
usually formalized in a standards body.

Mike MacFaden

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 08:17:25 -0700

> want to stay in business in a competitive marketplace. 

we wish.  and then there is reality.

you seem to think this is the telephone network.  there are other than
carriers here, unless you are making genetic aspersions.

randy