Subject: TEIMP: going once, going twice.....

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 19:35:28 -0600 (MDT)

At last years interim tewg meeting, it was thought that a good deliverable
would be a document written by a few folks very familiar with some of the
operational differences between implementations of MPLS-TE which have had
extensive deployment.  These types of differences might be how they
respond to "shrinking" a WAN circuit (e.g. reducing the available
bandwidth from 2 Gbs, to say, 1.8 Gbs, if CAC already had 0 bw available
at certain priorities), or some minor nits on differences on LSP patch
computation (e.g tiebrakers when admin distances equal).

The hope was that this would be a good thing for those that are in a
multi-vendor environment.

There were some public and private calls for this work, but it never did
gather much momentum, and as we discussed at the last Minneapolis meeting,
we are thinking about dropping this deliverable.  It was noted that
some of this content will be covered in the interoperability reports
as the relevant RFCs go from proposed to draft.  There was some mention
that there might be some folks clustered in university labs that might
have the right sort of input, and some thoughts that maybe they'd be
roused (though I haven't heard back on that front). 

Anyways, this email serves as the last call for action on this
deliverable.  Barring progress, it will be removed from the charter.

regards,

Jim