Subject: Load Profiling Based Routing

From: Ibrahim Matta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:18:28 -0400

Hello all,

A couple of years ago we proposed a load profiled approach 
to routing guaranteed bandwidth flows. References are included
below and links to the papers can be found at:

http://www.cs.bu.edu/cgi-bin/wingbibsearch?keyword=Matta
or
http://cs-pub.bu.edu/faculty/matta/publications.html

I am wondering if this kind of approach is being
or envisioned to be used for MPLS TE.

Best regards,
ibrahim

===

I. Matta and A. Bestavros, 
``A Load Profiling Approach to Routing Guaranteed Bandwidth Flows'', 
Proc. IEEE INFOCOM (1998). 

A. Bestavros and I. Matta, 
``Load Profiling for Efficient Route Selection in Multi-Class
Networks'', 
Proc. IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols - ICNP, 
183-190 (1997). 

I. Matta, A. Bestavros, and M. Krunz, 
``Load Profiling Based Routing for Guaranteed Bandwidth Flows'', 
European Transactions on Telecommunications -
Special Issue on Architectures, Protocols and Quality of Service for 
the Internet of the Future, vol. 10, no. 2, 165-182 (1999).

--
Ibrahim Matta       Dept of Comp Sci, 111 Cummington St, MCS-271
[email-masked]     Assistant Prof, Boston Univ., Boston, MA 02215
Tel: (617)358-1062, Fax: (617)353-6457, URL: www.cs.bu.edu/fac/matta/