Subject: TE Requirements - Dynamic adjustment of PHBs.

From: Nabil Seddigh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:06:53 -0500

There is another concern with the TE requirements 01 draft that 
hopefully the authors have/will take into account in the upcoming
version:

 Section 2.8 of the draft talks about dynamic adjustment of 
   PHB parameters (eg Q bw or sched Q weights) based on
   the amount of TE-LSPs per-class-type. It seems to me that 
   this is problematic. e.g. If one signals BW requirements
   for all of AF, how will that be mapped to configure the 
   separate queues that may be maintained for each of equivalent
   AF1x, AF2x PHBs etc? It seems that if dynamic adjustment of 
   queue parameters is sought, the signalled bw information must 
   by necessity be class based and not class-type based. 
   
The draft looks good. However, there are inconsistencies which 
need to be addressed.

Best
Nabil Seddigh
[email-masked]