Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tewg-measure-01.txt (fwd)

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:59:33 -0500 (EST)

From the WG Charter:

- Document additional measurements needed for TE (TEM)

However, the intent of this draft is captured well in the introduction
(partially included below).

So - does it achieve it's objectives and goals?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Introduction

   This document describes a framework for Internet traffic engineering
   measurement, with the objective of providing principles for the
   development of a set of measurement systems to support the traffic
   engineering of IP-based networks [1].  A major goal is to provide
   guidance for establishing protocol-independent and platform-neutral
   traffic measurement standards to achieve multi-vendor inter-
   operability.  It is critical to minimize the possibilities of
   inconsistencies arising from, e.g., differing statistical
   definitions, overlapping data collection, processing at different
   protocol levels, and similar inconsistencies by different vendors or
   network operators.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 07:03:32 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tewg-measure-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Internet Traffic Engineering
                          Measurement
	Author(s)	: W. Lai, B. Christian, R. Tibbs, S. Van den Berghe
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tewg-measure-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 09-Nov-01

In this document, a measurement framework for supporting the traffic
engineering of IP-based networks is presented.  Uses of traffic
measurement in service provider environments are described, and
issues related to time scale and read-out period are discussed.
Different measurement types are classified, with each being
specified as a meaningful combination of a measurement entity and a
measurement basis.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-measure-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tewg-measure-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-measure-01.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.