Subject: RE: Is the advertisement (IGP) of available BW at each pre-emptio n le vel is a DS-TE- requirement ?

From: "Naidu, Venkata" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:58:28 -0500

Jim:

-> There is no agreed upon protocol proposal for DS-TE right 
-> now, preemption
-> within and across class types is an issue that has been raised on the
-> list.  At this point, the requirements document is under a 
-> revision which
-> should clarify the need (or lack of need) for this, the revision is
-> expected in the next week (or so).

  May we (all of us in the list) know in which direction *requirements*
  doc is moving? I haven't seen any mail by authors discussing the
  issue presented. 

  I feel it will be better to discuss the issue before hand, instead
  of raising again all the pros & cons after the revision. I prefer, 
  not going back to square one.

--Venkata Naidu

---

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:14:06 -0500 (EST)

>   not going back to square one.

there a few issues being quickly resolved, and the #1 objective of the
authors is to get the revision done and the discussion back out on the
list.  This is even if issues are left unresolved (for discussion on the
list),  as you rightly suggest.