Subject: The new DS-TE(01) draft --An interesting approach to TE

From: "Choudhury, Sanjaya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:48:40 -0500

Hi! Personally, I think the new DS-TE draft proposes a very interesting
approach.

This draft, associates the bandwidth constraints (BC) with the priority
(importance) of the connection, rather than the traditional (ATM) approach
of associating BCs with a (QoS/service) class. [Is my interpretation 
correct?]

From my understanding of the draft, it looks like that a provider can
emulate a traditional style TE (per DS class BC, per DS class BW
advertisement), by just associating each of the DS classes with a priority.
[Am I correct ?]

Another interesting point is that this draft has really nothing to do
with  (i.e. independent of) DiffServ !!

Thanks,
sanjay

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:28:17 -0800 (PST)

> with  (i.e. independent of) DiffServ !!

That's a feature, not a bug :-)

Kireeti.