Subject: IETF54- Informal discussion on BC Model for DS-TE

From: Francois Le Faucheur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:59:19 +0200

Hello,

TEWG will not meet in Yokohama/IETF54.

I'd like to invite the people who will be in Yokohama and have thoughts on 
default Bandwidth Constraints model for DS-TE, to get together for a very 
informal discussion on that topic.

Let's meet in the lobby of the main hotel at 17:30pm on Monday.

See you there

Francois

---

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:06:39 -0400 (EDT)

Consider this my feedback on bandwidth constraint models.

The Russian Dolls model is well understood and can directly be used to
meet the scenarios in the requirements draft w/o using the network totally
inefficiently, so in the spirit of expedience, I fully support it.

The architecture and protocol supports new models, so should a production
network ever deploy any of this, they can surely help develop a new one to
plug in (such as maximum allocation).

If we were going to throw ourselves open for consideration of other
models, I have put some thought into a generic, hierarchical model
which can be configured to the user's whim.

I have an old document which describes it in more detail available at:

	www.pdnets.com/ietf/misc/class-sets.doc

The terminology is probably off, and I never did get around to doing a
sanity check implementation.  I can respin into I-D after the meeting if
there is sufficient interest.

Jim

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Francois

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:04:11 +0200

>Let's meet in the lobby of the main hotel at 17:30pm on Monday.

More precisely:
Let's meet in front of the reception/check-in counters (2nd floor) of the 
Grand Intercontinental hotel (the one right next to the conference center).

Cheers

Francois

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:46:46 +0200

Hi,

>plug in (such as maximum allocation).

Just in case you didn't have time to read 
draft-lefaucheur-tewg-russian-dolls-00.txt, my input at this stage is 
exactly in line with Jim's statements above. You can find more detailed 
rationale for this view in draft-lefaucheur-tewg-russian-dolls-00.txt.

Cheers

Francois