Subject: Intended status of draft-ietf-tewg-interas-mpls-te-req-06.txt

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:06:17 +0100

Hi TEWG,

Thanks for draft-ietf-tewg-interas-mpls-te-req-06.txt.

I'm just about to give it a thorough review to help the ADs with their process as,
obviously, your work is input to CCAMP's solution work.

Before getting into the details I wanted to check the intended status of the draft. Is it,
as the title suggests, intended to be a rigorous statement of the requirements that MUST
be met by a solution? Is it more of a list of desired features as suggested by the
abstract and some of the introductory text - i.e. the requirements SHOULD be met? Or is it
intended as a discussion of the inter-AS TE requirements - to inform the process as
solutions are developed.

Obviously your answer changes the way in which the draft must be used by CCAMP and so
changes the light in which it is reviewed.

Thanks for your guidance.

Cheers,
Adrian

---

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:31:50 -0400 (EDT)

Adrian - it is a requirements document, so the intent is that any solution 
should meet the requirements as specified in the document.  It is not just 
a "general issues" or "discussion" document.

regards,

Jim

--