Subject: IESG comments on IANA section of draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-07

From: "Francois Le Faucheur \(flefauch\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:21:20 +0100

Thomas, Scott,
 
Following your comments during IESG review, section 14.1 of
draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto will be simplified and updated to the
following:
 
"
This document defines in section 5.1 a "Bandwidth Constraints Model Id"
field (name space) within the "Bandwidth Constraints" sub-TLV, both for
OSPF and ISIS. IANA is requested to create and maintain this new name
space. The field for this namespace is 1 octet, and IANA guidelines for
assignments for this field are as follows:

    o values in the range 0-239 are to be assigned according to the
"Specification Required" policy defined in [IANA-CONS].

    o values in the range 240-255 are reserved for "Private Use" as
defined in [IANA-CONS].
"

Where [IANA-CONS] is RFC 2434.

I believe this will address the concerns you expressed. Please, let us
know if you see any other issues with this updated text.

Thank you

Francois