Subject: [therightkey] review of draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-03: point 12

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:14:26 +0000

> (12) 4.x - would it make sense to use .well-known/ct/ URLs or
> not?

Not to me...

a) .well-known is a discovery mechanism, but CT logs will not be
discovered, they'll be explicitly known.

b) We allow the <log server> prefix to include a path, which would
defeat .well-known.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 22:29:13 +0000

> discovered, they'll be explicitly known.

Well, ok. Maybe check this with some apps folks - they seem to care
about this sometimes for reasons I never can fathom.

> b) We allow the <log server> prefix to include a path, which would

Ah, I missed that actually. Maybe an example would make it harder to
skip over.

S.