Subject: [therightkey] Mailing list update

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:33:25 -0900

I've asked that this mailing list be transitioned to use the
"trans" name (as opposed to either keeping it as "therightkey"
or creating a new mailing list).  If you are on this mailing
list you do not need to do anything - you'll be subscribed
automatically to the new mailing list.

Melinda

---

From: Trevor Perrin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:35:27 -0800

I thought this list was for more general discussion - not just CT?

Trevor

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Melinda Shore <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> therightkey mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/therightkey

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:38:15 -0900

> I thought this list was for more general discussion - not just CT?

We don't need to shut this list down if people find it useful.
The main issues were 1) whether or not to create a separate
trans working group mailing list, and 2) whether or not to
subscribe everybody on this mailing list to the new one.

Melinda

---

From: Trevor Perrin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:42:01 -0800

I would've assumed / preferred the new WG would get a new list, as not
everyone interested in general discussion of this problem space would
want to follow all the CT spec details, but that's just my opinion.

Trevor

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:46:34 +0000

> want to follow all the CT spec details, but that's just my opinion.

Agreed that we should keep this list for more general discussions.

Neutral on whether all subscribers should be signed up to the new list
(probably easiest, though, they can always unsubscribe).

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:47:52 -0500

I think it is very useful.

CT is an extension to the WebPKI for SSL it is dealing in organizations.

In PPE I am proposing a Trust infrastructure to support individual users so
PPE = PKIX + PGP + CT.

I don't think you want to be discussing that on the Trans working group
even if we end up using Trans data formats in PPE. Though what would be
very relevant to Trans would be questions like 'are the data structures
proposed for Trans sufficiently extensible to support other applications'.

If Trans can't support PPE then that is a specification smell. So it is
relevant in that situation.

-- 
Website: http://hallambaker.com/