Subject: [therightkey] Proposal: ACME list

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:03:02 -0500

As some of you may have heard, some of us have been working on a protocol
to automate certificate management, including things like registration,
enrollment, issuance, and revocation.
<https://github.com/letsencrypt/acme-spec>

There is some similarity to existing CA-proprietary issuance APIs, and to
projects like SSLMate.
<https://sslmate.com/>

Would folks be interested in spinning up an IETF mailing list on this
topic?  It seems like we could probably get this in shape for a BoF in
Dallas.

--Richard

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:58:42 -0500

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Richard Barnes <[email-masked]> wrote:
> As some of you may have heard, some of us have been working on a protocol to
> automate certificate management, including things like registration,
> Would folks be interested in spinning up an IETF mailing list on this topic?
> It seems like we could probably get this in shape for a BoF in Dallas.

There is definitely a need for this to enable use of short liver certs
and to clean up the mess of existing proposals, none of which are
really viable as automated protocols.

I proposed this a while back:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-omnipublish-00

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:03:09 +0000

> There is definitely a need for this to enable use of short liver certs

Lovely typo! (Or were you only kidneying:-)

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-omnipublish-00

Yep, this seems like something we've all been waiting to see
happen, and given that we have credible folks announcing the
accompanying service(s) too, and being willing to run their
protocol through here, I think it's probably a fine plan to
start that list - I'll go ask and get back here once it's
sorted.

Cheers,
S.

> 
> _______________________________________________
> therightkey mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/therightkey
> 
>

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:03:33 +0000

Hi Richard,

That's done now. [1]

I assume you'll kick off discussion in a few days

S.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/acme

---

From: Tony Arcieri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 11:38:07 -0800

I tried to sign up for this, but after entering my name and email on the
signup page and hitting Subscribe, I got a 504 from Cloudflare

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> topic?

-- 
Tony Arcieri