Subject: [TICTOC] Enterprise profile comments

From: Douglas Arnold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 17:07:05 -0700

Hello Everyone,

Here is a list of comments on the the first cut at the Enterprise PTP
Profile which was posted on the reflector a few months ago.  Also included
is the responses by the authors.  Much Thanks to everyone who posted
suggestions, questions and criticisms.

The draft which was just submitted,
draft-ietf-tictoc-ptp-enterprise-profile-00, reflects the changes listed in
this document.

Doug Arnold

---

From: Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:13:36 +0300

Hi Heiko, Doug,

Thanks for putting this draft together. I believe it can be very useful to the industry.

After going over the updated draft I have a single comment:
Please consider allowing unicast negotiation. The reason I am raising this is that multi-path PTP (draft-shpiner-multi-path-synchronization) would require Sync messages to be sent as unicast, and hence require unicast negotiation. I believe MPPTP can be useful in the context of this profile, allowing both redundancy and higher accuracy in some scenarios. Will appreciate if you can give this some thought.

Thanks,
Tal.