Subject: [TICTOC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tictoc-security-requirements-10.txt> (Security Requirements of Time Protocols in Packet Switched Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 08:42:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Timing over IP Connection and
Transfer of Clock WG (tictoc) to consider the following document:
- 'Security Requirements of Time Protocols in Packet Switched Networks'
  <draft-ietf-tictoc-security-requirements-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   As time and frequency distribution protocols are becoming
   increasingly common and widely deployed, concern about their exposure
   to various security threats is increasing. This document defines a
   set of security requirements for time protocols, focusing on the
   Precision Time Protocol (PTP) and the Network Time Protocol (NTP).
   This document also discusses the security impacts of time protocol
   practices, the performance implications of external security
   practices on time protocols and the dependencies between other
   security services and time synchronization.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tictoc-security-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tictoc-security-requirements/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.