Subject: [ietf-tls] Re draft-ietf-tls-extensions-00.txt

From: Magnus Nystrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:18:22 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)

Dear All,

The above mentioned document (now available from the IETF TLS WG home
page) is the second incarnation of the "Wireless extensions to TLS"
I-D. The name has been changed since the document now is
more general to its nature. Specifically, changes and additions that
has been made (in addition to several clarifications) includes:

- Added support for the dns_name extension as proposed by Jan
Mikkelsen et al. on the mailing list.

- Maximum record size negotiation ... removed smallest size,
clarifications.

- Certificate URLs ... added cert hash to stop certain replacement
attacks.

- Trusted CA keys ... added possibility to identify issuers with
cert hash.

- Truncated MACs ... restricted to only HMAC, and only 80 bits

- New error messages ... clarified and removed a couple of the ones
in the previous draft.

- Short session ids ... removed, based on feedback on the mailing
list.

- OCSP responses ... added support for identification of issuer, and
requested extensions, in line with RFC 2560

- Significantly expanded Security Considerations section.

Enjoy,
-- Magnus
Magnus Nystrom
RSA Security

---
You are currently subscribed to ietf-tls as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:01:25 +0100

> Mikkelsen et al. on the mailing list.

Why is this a wireless extension?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

In Boston 'til 1st July.

---

---

From: Bodo Moeller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:05:40 +0200

> Why is this a wireless extension?

It is not.  Note that this draft is called draft-ietf-tls-extensions-00.txt
(its predecessor was draft-ietf-tls-wireless-00.txt).

-- 
Bodo Möller <[email-masked]>
PGP http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/Mitarbeiter/moeller/0x36d2c658.html
* TU Darmstadt, Theoretische Informatik, Alexanderstr. 10, D-64283 Darmstadt
* Tel. +49-6151-16-6628, Fax +49-6151-16-6036

---