Subject: RE: [TLS] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-tls-psk-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:18:52 +0300

Peter Gutmann writes:

>>> PS. Are there now any implementations of this draft?
>>
>> No, not to my knowledge.
> 
> There can't be any implementations because the suite values 
> aren't defined. Providing values to use would probably help 
> increase the number of implementations (see my earlier message 
> on this).

I agree. Since there is no IANA registry for those numbers 
yet, I guess we just have to pick some numbers at some point
(taking extra care to avoid collisions...).

Eric, do you have any opinion when this should be done? 
In the version that handles the issues raised at WGLC and 
will be sent to IESG? Or only after IESG evaluation and 
IETF last call?

Best regards,
Pasi

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:11:53 -0700

> Eric, do you have any opinion when this should be done? 

Yes. 

Pick the next X unallocated values out of the Proposed registry,
being careful not to collide with any in the other pending
TLS WG drafts. We'll hold these open till this draft is finished...

-Ekr