Subject: [TLS] Document Action: 'ECC Cipher Suites for TLS' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:08:46 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'ECC Cipher Suites for TLS '
   <draft-ietf-tls-ecc-12.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-ecc-12.txt

Technical Summary

  This document adds Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) cipher suites to
  TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1.  These cipher suites have some technical
  advantages over the currently defined RSA and DH/DSS cipher suites in
  terms of key size and performance.  This document does not entail any
  changes to the TLS base specification.

Working Group Summary

  The WG was unable to achieve rough consensus on advancing this
  document to Proposed Standard, due to concerns about IPR and some
  concerns about complexity.  The WG was able to achieve rough consensus
  on advancing this document to Informational (following failure to
  achieve consensus on standards track). Some concerns about complexity
  (in particular curve negotiation) remain, but the overall feeling in
  the WG was that this document was ready for publication as an
  Informational RFC.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls