Subject: [TLS] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:01:07 -0700

------- Forwarded message -------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:50:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts  
directories.

	Title		: Clientside interoperability experiences for
                           the SSL and TLS protocols
	Author(s)	: Y. Pettersen
	Filename	: draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2006-6-21
	
    This document presents a number of problems encountered when
    implementing TLS 1.0, TLS 1.0 and TLS Extensions for clients, and
    their consequences.  The problems include servers that refuse to
    connect with clients supporting newer versions of the protocol, or
    does not handle such negotiation properly.  Other problems
    encountered are incorrect use of values in the protocol messages.

    The consequences of these problems range from delayed introduction of
    new protocol versions and features, to fallback mechanisms that may
    disable protocol security features, to implementations that cannot
    interoperate with some other implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the  
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the  
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen

********************************************************************
Senior Developer                     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls