Subject: [TLS] Conclusion of TLS SRP straw poll

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 19:19:08 +0300

According to our count, 19 people sent some kind of comments 
during the straw poll. Of those,

- 6 supported PS
- 5 supported Inf/Exp
- 1 felt this should not be published at all, or at most, Inf/Exp
- 1 said WG should be consistent, and Inf/Exp would be most 
  consistent with past WG decisions.
- 1 preferred rules that put all "IPR-affected" drafts to Inf/Exp
  (but not totally clear whether this draft was counted here).
- 1 for "just get it out, don't care which status"
- 1 wanted more information about IPR before making decision
- 3 didn't express an opinion either way (as far as we can tell),
  but only commented some other discussions in this thread.

We believe this does not represent WG consensus for Proposed
Standard. Thus, the document will progress with intended
status of Informational.

Once the authors fix the one remaining semi-editorial issue 
([SRP-6] should be informative reference instead of normative), 
we'll send this to AD evaluation.

Best regards,
Pasi & Eric

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls