Subject: [TLS] DTLS over SCTP - Implementation available?

From: Oliver Roll <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:10:04 +0100

Dear all,

I'm interested in sending (DTLS-) secured data over SCTP (with & without
partial reliability extension).
I read most of the material google provides on this topic, but I didn't
get a clear picture of what actually is possible by now. I read Michael
Tuexen's draft on the combination DTLS + SCTP AUTH as actual work in
progress.
I read about "plain DTLS over SCTP" as the simplest way in the article
"Secure End-to-End Transport Over SCTP" by Erwin Rathgeb et. al. As a
start for me, is there any implementation (or code snippet) yet which
runs "plain DTLS over SCTP"?

Thanks & best regards,

Oliver

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:04:55 +0100

Hi Oliver,

see my comments in-line.

Best regards
Michael

> Tuexen's draft on the combination DTLS + SCTP AUTH as actual work in
Yes, it will also be updated.
> runs "plain DTLS over SCTP"?
Not yet.  A student of mine is implementing this by using OpenSSL (which
supports DTLS). We will make this code available once it is in a  
usable state.